ENVIRONMENT, FOREST & CLIMATE CHANGE DEPARTMENT
RTI PRO-ACTIVE DISCLOSURE:
The Environment, Forest & Climate Change Department, Lai Autonomous District Council was established in 29th April, 1972. Pawi Autonomous District Council was created in 28th April, 1972. The Department was renamed as Environment, Forest & Climate Change Department on 5th March, 2017.
Particulars of its organization, functions and duties:
Environment, Forest & Climate Change Department ,Lai Autonomous District Council, Lawngtlai :Mizoram-796891
The Department is headed by District Council Conservator Forests (DCCF) and is assisted byone DCF and Two (2) Assistant Conservator of Forests in charge of Territorial and Wildlife. Presently, there are five Forest Ranges headed by Range Officer.
The responsibility of the department is scientific Management of Forest resources in Lai Autonomous District Council Area on a sustainable basis. Implementation of various Policies and Programme of the Central, State Government and Lai Autonomous District Council authority is also primary concerned of the department.
The Powers and duties of its officers and employee:
- District Council Conservator of Forest: DCCF is the administrative head of department. He is responsible for overall management of forest resources and enforcement of policies Act and Rules relating to Forest Management.
- Deputy Conservator of Forest: Assisting the DCCF in all matters pertaining to Administration implementation of various schemes under Annual Plan and other projects.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest: Assisting the DCCF in all matters pertaining to Social-Forestry, Forest Protection, Supervision of work, legal matter and all other work relating to Wildlife Management works.
- Forest Range Officer: He is responsible for administration of Forest Range, Execution and supervision of works at the Range and Beat level. He is also responsible for any other work assigned by higher officers.
- Deputy Ranger: Assisting Range Officer in administration and forest range management
- Assistant: He /She works as dealing officer under the supervision of the higher authority. Each dealing officer is allocated subjects out of the areas allocated to the person and he/ she is expected to deal with all matters allocated, or any other work assigned to him/ her from time to time. Provides miscellaneous support to the desk in carrying out day-to-day work like photocopying, record handling, maintenance, registration of DAK, marking, sending receipts, files, and other associated tasks or any other work assigned from time to time. He/ She may be assigned case work of repetitive nature
- Computer Operator: He/ She is responsible for provides data, performs tasks specified by the instructions/processes recorded., software access activities, paperwork improvements, Fixing defects, To deal with Confidential or other works of the branch as may be entrusted by controlling officers, etc
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC): He/ She works as prompt examination of all receipts, collection of materials for taking action on receipt and any other work related to files, etc and to attend such other works as may be assigned by the Assistant or higher officers.
- GIS Analyst: He/ She is responsible for Compile, Manipulate and analyze geospatial data, Design developed and maintains data base and system of GIS data, create reports, maps, application and visualizations conveying the result of spatial analyses, to put up a case after examination to Assistant, to provide GIS training from time to time, to attend other works as may be assigned by higher authority.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC): He/ She works as prompt examination of all receipts, collection of materials for taking action on receipt and any other work related to files, etc and to attend such other works as may be assigned by the Assistant or higher officers.
- Forester: Assisting the Range Officer and Deputy Ranger in field works and to attend to files on technical matters as assigned from time to time, etc. He is also responsible for any other work
assigned by higher officers
- Forest Guard: Assisting the Range Officer and Deputy Ranger in field works and to attend to files on technical matters as assigned from time to time, etc. He is also responsible for any other work assigned by higher officers.
- Boatman: He is responsible for carry out minor maintenance and repairs of Boat, to maintain register book. to keep safe custody of Boat or any work assigned by their superior
- Driver: He is responsible for carry out minor maintenance and repairs of department vehicles, or any work assigned by their superior
Mali: He/ She is responsible for looking after plants, trees, Flowers in the premises or any other works assigned by higher Officers
Peon: He/ She is responsible to keep the office chamber/room neat and tidy, should avoid personnel work when send on duty, must not leave office without prior permission. To keep stationery articles on officers and staffs table, to switch off all the light and heater, close the window, to remove all waste paper as directed, assist in any office work as may be required by him.
Chowkidar: He/ She is responsible to keep the office chamber/room neat and tidy, to open the windows of the office room, unless there are instruction to the contrary, to open and closed the office room and gate at the right time, assist in any office work as may be required by him.
The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability:
The department follows instruction, guidelines, and Office memorandum issued by the authority. Depending upon the nature of work, Chief Executive Member is the final decision making authority.
The Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions:
Follow Guidelines and Rules issued by the competent authority from time to time.
The Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Manuals and Records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions:
As per Rules and Regulation instructed by the Central, State Government and Lai Autonomous District Council authority.
A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control:
- File pertaining to works under Annual Plan.
- File pertaining to works under Central and State Scheme.
- File pertaining to Forest Conservation Act related matter.
- Legal matter.
- Other miscellaneous works.
The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof:
As per rules and regulation instructed by the authority
A statement of the boards, councils, committee and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards councils, committee and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for:
- District Level Committee on Green Mizoram
- District Level Committee on Forest Fire Prevention
- Green LADC Committee
A directory of officers and its employees:
|TC. Thangvunga||Dy Ranger||9612009269|
|C. Lallungmuana||Dy. Ranger||8729847447|
|Franky TH Lalchharliana||Computer Operator||8257038138|
|S. Lalmalsawmi||Computer Operator||8415980847|
|K. Laltlanmawia||Wildlife Guard||9485177992|
|V. Lalfaka||Wildlife Guard|
|Lorrain Lalsawmliana||Wildlife Guard||9862821302|
|Johny Laldingliana||Wildlife Guard||9415830454|
|K. Rosangliana||Wildlife Guard|
|HC. Thangsata||Wildlife Guard||8974312187|
|J Lalpiangthluta||Wildlife Guard||9862424737|
|S Sangzawna||Wildlife Guard|
|C Lalnunpuia||Wildlife Guard|
|A Vanlalhriatpuia||Wildlife Guard||7085893536|
|Ricky malsawmdawngliana||Wildlife Guard||9485115003|
|Martin lalhundanglova||Wildlife Guard||9862535943|
|LB Kisor Kumar||Wildlife Guard|
|Erik Sarona||Wildlife Guard||9089415113|
|Meli Laltlansangi||Muster Roll|
|HC Lalthangnguri||Muster Roll|
|Andrew Lallawmkima||Muster Roll|
Note: Employees List SI.No hi a lan dik theih loh avangin tih lan a ni lo.
The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditure and reports on disbursements made:
A. Salary Head – 01 – GIA to LADC : Direction and Administration
Budget Estimates 2021 – 2022
2021 - 2022
2022 - 2023
Sub – total of A. (01-GIA) 903.35 945.50 1015.54
B. Non – Salary Head – 01 – GIA
Training of frontline forest staff
Maintenance of Bike/ Pick up
Collection o f Seed / Seedling
Maintenance of Nursery Bed
Roadside avenue plantation
Survey and Demarcation of Forest boundary
Maintenance of Forest building and check Gate
Maintenance of plantation
Maintenance of approached road to sand quarry
Erection of Boundary pillar
Establishment of recreational centre
Green LADC Day
Sub – total of B.(01-GIA) . 23.50 22.00 22.80
C. Non – Salary Head – Local Revenue
Construction of small cottages @ Chawngtlangpui, LADC Nursery
Purchase / Maintenance of Bike
Sub – total of C. (Local Revenue) 4.50 4.50 8.00
Total of Salary : 01-GIA to LADC
Total of N/Salary: 01-GIA to LADC
Total of N/Salary : Local Revenue
G.T of D.N. 25 (L/R + 01 – GIA to LADC)
The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes:
Not applicable as no subsidy scheme is in existence.
Details in respect of the information , available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form:
Department does not maintain website for its own, Information can be look up on Lai Autonomous District Council website: ladc.mizoram.gov.in/
The particulars of facilities available to citizen for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use:
The Names, Designations and other particular of the Public Information Officers: